Orleans Parish Registrar of Voters
Updated: May 15, 2017
Our office will be closed May 29th, July 4th, and September 4th as those dates are state observed holidays. Our office will resume regular hours of operations the following business day.
The next election October 14, 2017.
Orleans Registrar of Voters Office
The Registrar of Voters' Office safeguards each citizen's basic right to vote and is a non-partisan, parochial office responsible for:
- Voter registration and the update of voter registration documents onto the statewide community network
- The administration and enforcement of the laws, and the rules and regulations of the Secretary of State relating to the registration of such voters
- Responsible for Early Voting and Early Voting Sites
- Absentee by Mail Voting, including 65+ Program
- Voting at Nursing Homes
- Voting for Military and Citizens Overseas
- The administering of special programs for persons with disabilities to include those voters who are hospitalized
- Community outreach efforts to promote voter education and participation
- Serving as the "nexus" for election information
- Providing excellent, customer friendly, public service to the citizens of New Orleans.
Inactive Voters in Orleans Parish
If your name appeared on the inactive voter list, your registration address was not verified by our office. If your residential address or address where you receive mail has changed from the address used when you registered to vote or on your voter registration record, please update your residential address online at www.GeauxVote.com . You may also change it by mail or in person at our office in City Hall, Room 1W24.
Our team members, Ms. Darlene Landry and Ms. Andrea Szucs, at Angel's Place 2017 picnic.
Registrar of Voters partnering with the ladies of Delta Sigma Theta to prepare our newest registered voters of Eleanor McMain High School for early voting this election.
Monthly statistical report for registered voters can be viewed here .
We are working to improve our web site.
As we continue improving, please help us by using the feedback form at the bottom of any page to let us know if there is information you are looking for, but can't find!